Himalaya Haridra is an herbal cytoprotective drug which is chiefly used to treat cardiovascular diseases, arthritis, kidney diseases, cancer, bowel issues, Alzheimer’s and other memory loss conditions.
Haridra, or Turmeric, scientifically known by the name Curcuma Longa, is an immensely valuable herb in the sacred realm of Ayurveda. Turmeric, in its spice form can be identified easily from its bright yellowish tincture and is used extensively in India and South Asia, both as a medicine and food ingredient. It has been a traditional ingredient and has always been used in union with Neem, another miraculous Ayurvedic ingredient.
For medicinal benefits, however, Haridra’s essence and rhizome (underground stem), both dried and fresh are used. Home to numerous benefits, Himalaya Haridra is an all natural proprietary medicine that enhances skin tone and complexion, fights ulcers, respiratory issues and liver damage, and acts as a carminative, i.e. a natural substance relieving the gas accumulated in the alimentary canal.
During the past few years, Curcumin, Turmeric’s principle ingredient, has been studied extensively by scientists and researchers, mainly for its antioxidant property. In 2005, Wall Street Journal published an article titled ‘Common Indian Spice Stirs Hope’, wherein Curcumin was attributed to normal brain functioning and normal cell growth.
Let’s take a look at Himalaya Haridra’s benefits:
- Hepatoprotective: Himalaya Haridra successfully inhibits the liver enzymes SGOT and SGPT, both of which escalate during liver diseases.
- Antioxidant Properties: Himalaya Haridra reduces oxidative stress and manages diseases like diabetes, tissue injury, leukoplakia and eye diseases.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Due to its choleretic tendencies, Himalaya Haridra prevents cholesterol absorption in the intestines, increases bile excretion, and converts cholesterol into bile acids.
- Anti-inflammatory: Preventing the release of inflammatory mediators, it helps in chronic as well as acute inflammation.
- Cytoprotective: It displays cytoprotective properties and protects the cells against harmful agents and counteracts nephrotoxic (condition wherein kidneys are damaged) and hepatotoxic (conditions where liver is damaged) conditions.
- Neuroprotective: The antioxidant properties in Himalaya Haridra make it a potent herbal drug powerful against diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Protection against Ulcer: Inhibiting the acid secretions and increasing the mucin content, Haridra builds up gastroprotective abilities against the formation of ulcer.
Apart from the above mentioned benefits, Haridra is known to stimulate body’s immune system, prevent cell aging, a natural detoxifier, stimulate the healing capacity of chemotherapy, and promote weight loss.
Himalaya Haridra is an immensely powerful herbal medicine that is endorse by numerous doctors worldwide. It can be availed from Wow Herbals, which is a renowned ecommerce store, solely dealing in Himalaya healthcare products.